Whether you are recovering from a broken bone, muscle injury or surgery, regaining mobility, strength, flexibility and endurance are a key part of your recovery. Every individual has different goals and expectations in recovery, so our rehabilitation specialists provide a customized plan that incorporates the unique goals and abilities of each person.
Authorization for physical therapy services will be obtained by our staff. Patients will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment for the initial visit. Patients will need to bring their physician order (with physician’s signature/diagnosis included on the order) for physical therapy services with them. Also, additional information such as your insurance card, a list of current medications, as well as other appropriate medical documents should be brought to the initial visit. Please wear comfortable or exercise-type clothing including supportive foot wear to all sessions.
- Therapeutic exercise
- Therapeutic activity/functional mobility training
- Balance training
- Gait training
- Therapeutic modalities for pain management/muscle re-education including electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Manual techniques including joint mobilization, massage, and myofascial release
- Prosthetic/orthotic training
- Foot orthotic fabrication
Services utilized to treat a variety of conditions, including, but not limited to the following:
- Low back pain and dysfunction
- SI joint pain and dysfunction
- Cervical and thoracic spine pain and dysfunction
- Post orthopedic surgery rehab (i.e. total knee and total hip joint replacement, arthroscopic surgeries)
- Hand and wrist pain and dysfunction
- Ankle and foot pain and dysfunction
- Shoulder pain and dysfunction
- Osteoarthritis-multiple joints
- Developmental delay
- Balance dysfunction
- Neurological dysfunction (i.e. Post CVA)
Our rehabilitation team includes knowledgeable, caring professionals who are dedicated to providing quality care and support, and helping you return to the activities you enjoy as quickly as possible.
All age groups treated including infant (birth to 3 yrs.), pediatric (3 to 18 yrs.), adult, and geriatric.
The Outpatient Physical Therapy clinic is located on the hospital campus, outpatient building B. The Inpatient Physical Therapy department is located in the main hospital on 3 east.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8:30 AM – 12:00 Noon
Inpatient Physical Therapy Hours of Operation:
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday: Coverage is provided to patients post orthopedic surgery and patients with neurological diagnoses.
Please note that the Physical Therapy department is closed on holidays which are observed per Bluefield Regional Medical Center policy.
Outpatient Phone Number: (304) 325-1975
Inpatient Phone Number: (304) 327-1195
Address: Bluefield Regional Medical Center
Attn: physical therapy dept.
500 Cherry St.
Bluefield, WV 24701